The policies below are applicable to era-ukraine.org.ua. They do not apply to information that you may submit to us offline or to websites maintained by other companies or organizations to which we may link.
Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information
You can browse era-ukraine.org.ua. Without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Here are the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- When you sign up to the forum to receive answers from our experts
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters and updates from us
- When you download publications and articles from us
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events
- When you request information or assistance
- When you participate with social media accounts involving ERA
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information
- When you communicate with us through the website
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
Here are the most common types of personal information we might collect and store (“Personal Information”):
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Organizational affiliation
- Job title and sector
- Why you are interested in ERA
- Details of your communication with us
- Other information relevant to user surveys and,
- Other information relating to you personally that you may choose to provide to us.
1.2 Non-Personal Information
When you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). We may collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information
- Certain usage information about your use of the website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the website
- “Traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, access times, and referring website addresses, and
- Your search terms and search results.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. The most common uses for your Personal and Non-Personal Information are: Respond to your inquiries; Communicate with you about changes to our policies; Personalizing content and experiences on our website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences; Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium; Event or program registration; Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations; Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns.
We Are Committed To Protecting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you give us is held on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party with the utmost care and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
We do not sell or rent personal information to others, unless we are required to do so to conform to an applicable law or to protect the safety of ERA or affiliates, the users of our website, or the public.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
You have a right to remove all of your data. You have the right to know that your data is gathered by us. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (May 25, 2018) is a European Union regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR given the limitations of United States Government regulations at the local and federal level, as well as any contractual obligations that may supersede GDPR requirements.
General Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
Information collected on this Web site is considered Sensitive But Unclassified (“SBU”) until there is an authorization to release it to the public as Open Data. In that case, we request that USAID be cited as the source of any information.
Disclaimer of Liability
We make every effort to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaim liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
With respect to the content of this site, neither the United States Government, nor USAID, their employees and contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied or statutorily, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, and the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to content available from this USAID website or other internet resources linked to or from it.
Additionally, neither the United States Government nor USAID assume any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed herein, nor freedom from computer virus; and do not represent that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on this website may include links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This site provides these links solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving this website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. The managers of this site:
- Do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
- Do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer;
- Cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website;
- Are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites;
- Do not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
We strongly recommend that you review the policies of any outside websites you visit from this site, since you will be subject to the privacy and security policies of those other sites, once you leave this website.
The USAID ERA is committed to providing access to all individuals seeking information on this website. To provide this information, this site is always being improved, to the best extent possible, to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (as amended). If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) and have trouble accessing information this site, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org address with the nature of the problem, the URL (web address) of the information you tried to access, and your contact information. We will contact you as soon as possible, and do what we can to provide you with the information you need
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, ERA Website is supported in a platform that employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (Title 18 U.S.C., Sections 1001 and 1030). If monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that ERA has not addressed satisfactorily, please contact JAMS for third party dispute resolution services at: https://www.jamsadr.com/submit/.
Last updated: July 2020