AGRI-UKRAINE GRAIN EXPORT LOGISTICS
USAID’s Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) is one of USAID’s core partners implementing the $350 million Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI-Ukraine) that was established in 2022 to bolster Ukrainian agricultural exports and alleviate the global food security crisis exacerbated by the war. Under AGRI-Ukraine, ERA partners with public and private companies to complement and leverage urgently-needed grain transportation and transshipment investments.
ERA also directly supports the Government of Ukraine, including the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI), the State Customs Service and Ukrainian Railways, to upgrade 42 of Ukraine’s border crossing points (BCPs). Modern and more efficient border infrastructure and customs procedures will reduce export costs and increase export capacity, enabling Ukraine to scale trade and advance its path to EU integration.
About the job
The ICT Officer establishes and monitors the project IT infrastructure and supports implementation of new hardware and software for program operations or basic upgrades in coordination with ICT Coordinator. He manages the ICT network and computer equipment for the project and is responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the server and other equipment. The ICT Officer ensures that IT-related support to ERA beneficiaries/grantees is timely, compliant with USAID regulations, and implemented using best practices in ICT. The ICT Officer works in a team environment and coordinates efforts with Operations and Technical teams. The position is based in ERA offices in Lviv and reports to the ICT Manager.
- In coordination with the ICT Manager support the DAI staff usage of ICT and office equipment.
- Provide advice to local employees in ICT support on a daily basis upon request; inform them about with the timely updates of all software installed on ICT equipment.
- Allow for smooth and stable work of ICT equipment (laptops, desktops, printers, network equipment, etc.). Solve hardware and software problems in the shortest terms possible;
- Ensure stable and smooth functioning of networks, both LAN (wired and WiFi) and Internet connections, in office and other locations;
- Maintain accurate ICT registries: registry of ICT assets, license registry, etc. Keep all the information up to date (license keys, license expiration, etc.).
- Inform in advance the line manager about the expiration of licenses, and ensure the timely procurement request for the new licenses;
- Maintain proper and efficient usage/storage of ICT and office equipment in line with Security regulations and DAI HO IT policy.
- Implement and follow the ICT access rules, including the storage access level, passwords for personal PCs, regular password changes, encryption of most important data, etc.;
- Ensure the correct maintenance of ICT and office equipment, both guarantee and post-guarantee.
- Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner the maintenance and repair issues with the relevant suppliers/manufacturers/service providers.
- In coordination with ICT Manager implement and support the backup system for the DAI data.
- Ensure regular backups for all required data, proper backup accounting, and storage, in line with DAI HO IT policies;
- Work with the Administration/Logistics team to maintain a list of the project’s IT-related inventory;
- Coordinate checking systems in order to optimize performance and initiate recovery action after system failures;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager and ICT Manager.
- BA diploma in Computer Sciences, IT technologies, or equivalent.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack;
- Experience with mail systems (MS Exchange) and web servers (IIS, Apache) is a plus;
- Experience with scripting languages (Windows/DOS batch) is a plus;
- Working experience with MS SharePoint is a plus;
- Knowledge of server maintenance is a plus;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Experience working in ICT Support in a humanitarian/recovery context is a plus;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Skills in finding and solving problems;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
- 28 calendar days of annual leave
- 10 days of internal well-being paid leave per annum
- Medical Insurance for ERA staff and their families
- Life Insurance for ERA staff
- Coverage of all expenses for the business trips
- Military reservation is possible and granted if you are on a relevant military register
Start date: March 2024
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Closing date for applications: March 08, 2024.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.