AGRI-UKRAINE GRAIN EXPORT LOGISTICS
USAID’s Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) is one of USAID’s core partners implementing the $350 million Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI-Ukraine) that was established in 2022 to bolster Ukrainian agricultural exports and alleviate the global food security crisis exacerbated by the war. Under AGRI-Ukraine, ERA partners with public and private companies to complement and leverage urgently needed grain transportation and transshipment investments.
ERA also directly supports the Government of Ukraine, including the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI), the State Customs Service, and Ukrainian Railways, to upgrade 42 of Ukraine’s border crossing points (BCPs). Modern and more efficient border infrastructure and customs procedures will reduce export costs and increase export capacity, enabling Ukraine to scale trade and advance its path to EU integration.
About the job
The Administrative Associate provides assistance to the ERA Senior Management Team (SMT) in various administrative and operational duties upon request. The role is responsible for the maintenance of the office facilities and equipment in proper order. The Administrative Associate interacts with Finance and Procurement teams, meets and greets all Odesa office visitors; and works in close cooperation with a driver and a housekeeper/cleaning lady. The Administrative Associate is based in Odesa and reports to the Odesa Administrative Officer.
- Support daily administrative and operational needs of the Odesa office team, including office attendance coordination, booking meeting/events facilities, etc.
- Manage office front desk, greet visitors, and handle incoming calls and electronic communications.
- Coordinate mail delivery to/from the Odesa office by courier services providers.
- Keep supplies in stock, communicate with vendors, and make sure that office facilities are clean and well-prepared for smooth operation and planned events (in coordination with the project’s cleaning person).
- Assist in updating TAMIS modules and maintaining administrative and office supplies files.
- Coordinate paperwork flow with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Ensure proper functioning of office equipment, and order service maintenance of the equipment including water dispensers, air conditioners, fridge, coffee machine, printers.
- Assist the ERA Senior Management team (COP, DCOPs) with administrative tasks upon request.
Travel and Logistics:
- Make necessary arrangements for meetings and events, procure services for venues, catering, accommodation, and travel using DAI systems and complying with policies;
- Make local and international travel arrangements for the project staff and SMT.
- Coordinate work of Odesa driver in terms of in-city ground transportation arrangements, daily reporting, and transferring all the requested info to the Finance team.
- Other assignments agreed upon with the supervisor.
- Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems and maintain project files.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required.
- Keep respective activity records in the DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by supervisor and SMT.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of administrative and/or logistics assistant experience.
- Experience with USAID projects is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel).
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
- 28 calendar days of annual leave
- 10 days of internal well-being paid leave per annum
- Medical Insurance for ERA staff and their families
- Life Insurance for ERA staff
- Coverage of all expenses for the business trips
- Military reservation is possible and granted if you are on a relevant military register
Start date: March 2024
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Closing date for applications: February 18, 2024.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.