Since 2018, USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) has focused its activities on eastern Ukraine. In 2022, it expanded its geography of cooperation to other regions due to Russia’s full-scale invasion and occupation of part of Ukraine. In 2023, given the military and political circumstances and challenges, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) changed ERA’s priorities.
ERA is one of the implementers of the U.S. Government’s Interagency Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI – Ukraine), which aims to support Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and help address the global food crisis exacerbated by Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine. USAID supports the Government of Ukraine, including working with the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI) and the State Customs Service, through ERA, to modernize border crossing points to improve grain trade and exports, passenger traffic, and perceptions of Ukraine. ERA is also implementing the Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), which focuses on job retention and creation and assists small and medium-sized enterprises.
USAID ERA prioritizes work on AGRI and rehabilitating EU-facing border crossing points (BCPs). The AGRI component is extending its technical assistance to Ukrainian Agri-traders and logistics companies supporting them in increasing capacity and potential of grain export logistics. The BCP component includes complex construction management and procurement of equipment and service for BCPs to become more efficient in processing big cargos of grain and other commodities through the border.
About the job
The Administrative Associate provides assistance to the ERA team in various administrative and operational duties upon request. The role is responsible for the maintenance of the office facilities and equipment in proper order. The Administrative Associate provides translation services upon request. The Administrative Associate is based in Kyiv and reports to the Executive Support Officer.
Administration and Logistics:
- Support the daily administrative and operational needs of the Kyiv office team, including office attendance coordination, booking conference facilities, etc.
- Manage office front desk, greet visitors and handle incoming calls and electronic communications.
- Coordinate mail delivery to/from Kyiv offices by courier services providers.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing travel arrangements for meetings and events, making hotel and ticket reservations.
- Work with Kyiv-based Driver in terms of in-city ground transportation arrangements.
- Make local and international travel arrangements for the project staff and senior management.
- Keep supplies in stock, communicate with vendors, and make sure that office facilities are clean and well prepared for smooth operation and planned events (in coordination with the project’s cleaning person).
- Assist in updating TAMIS and maintaining administrative and office supplies files.
- Assist in coordinating paperwork with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Ensure proper functioning of office equipment, and order service maintenance of the equipment including water dispensers, air conditioners, fridge, coffee machine, printers.
- Assist the ERA Senior Management team (COP, DCOPs) with administrative tasks upon request.
- Any other activities agreed with the Executive Support Officer.
- Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems and maintain project files.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required.
- Keep respective activity records in the DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by Senior Administration Manager and senior management.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of administrative and/or logistics assistant experience.
- Experience with USAID projects is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel).
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: November 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: November 05, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.