Since 2018, USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) has focused its activities on eastern Ukraine. In 2022, it expanded its geography of cooperation to other regions due to Russia’s full-scale invasion and occupation of part of Ukraine. In 2023, given the military and political circumstances and challenges, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) changed ERA’s priorities.
ERA is one of the implementers of the U.S. Government’s Interagency Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI – Ukraine), which aims to support Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and help address the global food crisis exacerbated by Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine. USAID supports the Government of Ukraine, including working with the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI) and the State Customs Service, through ERA, to modernize border crossing points to improve grain trade and exports, passenger traffic, and perceptions of Ukraine. ERA is also implementing the Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), which focuses on job retention and creation and assists small and medium-sized enterprises.
USAID ERA prioritizes work on AGRI and rehabilitating EU-facing border crossing points (BCPs). The AGRI component is extending its technical assistance to Ukrainian Agri-traders and logistics companies supporting them in increasing capacity and potential of grain export logistics. The BCP component includes complex construction management and procurement of equipment and service for BCPs to become more efficient in processing big cargos of grain and other commodities through the border.
About the job
The Financial Analysis Manager will serve as a critical member of the finance team at USAID ERA, responsible for overseeing financial analysis, budgeting, and reporting activities in alignment with USAID regulations and guidelines. They direct and plan the preparation of reports that summarize and forecast activities and financial positions in expenses based on past, present, and expected operations. This role will ensure efficient resource allocation, burn rate calculation, financial transparency, and compliance for projects and programs. The Financial Analysis Manager can be in Kyiv or Lviv and reports to the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager.
Financial Compliance Management:
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and practices by international and local accounting standards.
- Oversee all financial control activities, including reviewing and analyzing monthly and quarterly numbers and disclosures.
- Coordinating and directing the budget preparation and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Provide executive management with accurate and comprehensive financial information to guide effective policy-making and financial strategizing.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing budget variances.
- Reviewing the company’s financial statements to ensure they are accurate.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and update organizational policies and procedures related to risk management and compliance.
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting.
Financial Controller Essential Skills
- Communication skills
- Basic understanding and acumen
- Leadership skills
- Ability to influence management.
- Technical accounting expertise
- People skills
- Ability to commission, deploy, and monitor effectiveness.
- Efficiency and time management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, math, economy, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in international business/organization in financial roles desirable.
- Direct experience in an accounting, auditing, or finance role
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- A fluent level of English and Ukrainian is required for this position.
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: November 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: October 27, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.