Since 2018, USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) has focused its activities on eastern Ukraine. In 2022, it expanded its geography of cooperation to other regions due to Russia’s full-scale invasion and occupation of part of Ukraine. In 2023, given the military and political circumstances and challenges, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) changed ERA’s priorities.
ERA is one of the implementers of the U.S. Government’s Interagency Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI – Ukraine), which aims to support Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and help address the global food crisis exacerbated by Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine. USAID supports the Government of Ukraine, including working with the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI) and the State Customs Service, through ERA, to modernize border crossing points to improve grain trade and exports, passenger traffic, and perceptions of Ukraine. ERA is also implementing the Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), which focuses on job retention and creation and assists small and medium-sized enterprises.
USAID ERA prioritizes work on AGRI and rehabilitating EU-facing border crossing points (BCPs). The AGRI component is extending its technical assistance to Ukrainian Agri-traders and logistics companies supporting them in increasing capacity and potential of grain export logistics. The BCP component includes complex construction management and procurement of equipment and service for BCPs to become more efficient in processing big cargos of grain and other commodities through the border.
About the job
The ICT Officer establishes and monitors the project IT infrastructure and supports implementation of new hardware and software for program operations or basic upgrades in coordination with ICT Coordinator. He manages the ICT network and computer equipment for the project and is responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the server and other equipment. The ICT Officer ensures that IT-related support to ERA beneficiaries/grantees is timely, compliant with USAID regulations, and implemented using best practices in ICT. The ICT Officer works in a team environment and coordinates efforts with Operations and Technical teams. The position is based in ERA offices in Odesa/Lviv and reports to the ICT Manager.
- In coordination with the ICT Manager support the DAI staff usage of ICT and office equipment.
- Provide advice to local employees in ICT support on a daily basis upon request; inform them about with the timely updates of all software installed on ICT equipment.
- Allow for smooth and stable work of ICT equipment (laptops, desktops, printers, network equipment, etc.). Solve hardware and software problems in the shortest terms possible;
- Ensure stable and smooth functioning of networks, both LAN (wired and WiFi) and Internet connections, in office and other locations;
- Maintain accurate ICT registries: registry of ICT assets, license registry, etc. Keep all the information up to date (license keys, license expiration, etc.).
- Inform in advance the line manager about the expiration of licenses, and ensure the timely procurement request for the new licenses;
- Maintain proper and efficient usage/storage of ICT and office equipment in line with Security regulations and DAI HO IT policy.
- Implement and follow the ICT access rules, including the storage access level, passwords for personal PCs, regular password changes, encryption of most important data, etc.;
- Ensure the correct maintenance of ICT and office equipment, both guarantee and post-guarantee.
- Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner the maintenance and repair issues with the relevant suppliers/manufacturers/service providers.
- In coordination with ICT Manager implement and support the backup system for the DAI data.
- Ensure regular backups for all required data, proper backup accounting, and storage, in line with DAI HO IT policies;
- Work with the Administration/Logistics team to maintain a list of the project’s IT-related inventory;
- Coordinate checking systems in order to optimize performance and initiate recovery action after system failures;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager and ICT Manager.
- BA diploma in Computer Sciences, IT technologies, or equivalent.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack;
- Experience with mail systems (MS Exchange) and web servers (IIS, Apache) is a plus;
- Experience with scripting languages (Windows/DOS batch) is a plus;
- Working experience with MS SharePoint is a plus;
- Knowledge of server maintenance is a plus;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Experience working in ICT Support in a humanitarian/recovery context is a plus;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Skills in finding and solving problems;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: December 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.