Since 2018, USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) has focused its activities on eastern Ukraine. In 2022, it expanded its geography of cooperation to other regions due to Russia’s full-scale invasion and occupation of part of Ukraine. In 2023, given the military and political circumstances and challenges, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) changed ERA’s priorities.
ERA is one of the implementers of the U.S. Government’s Interagency Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI – Ukraine), which aims to support Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and help address the global food crisis exacerbated by Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine. USAID supports the Government of Ukraine, including working with the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI) and the State Customs Service, through ERA, to modernize border crossing points to improve grain trade and exports, passenger traffic, and perceptions of Ukraine. ERA is also implementing the Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), which focuses on job retention and creation and assists small and medium-sized enterprises.
USAID ERA prioritizes work on AGRI and rehabilitating EU-facing border crossing points (BCPs). The AGRI component is extending its technical assistance to Ukrainian Agri-traders and logistics companies supporting them in increasing capacity and potential of grain export logistics. The BCP component includes complex construction management and procurement of equipment and service for BCPs to become more efficient in processing big cargos of grain and other commodities through the border.
About the job
The Procurement Administrative Assistant is a support position that will have the primary responsibility of assisting with all project administrative tasks and procurement functions. The Procurement Administrative Assistant plays a crucial role in facilitating the smooth and efficient procurement process, contributing to the organization’s overall success by ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisitions. The role covers most of the routine procurement, document maintenance, and TAMIS system record-keeping. The Procurement Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Procurement Manager and is in Kyiv office.
- Monitor Procurement Tracker accuracy in coordination with other members of the Procurement Team based on Purchase Requisitions submitted by ERA staff. Ensure that all PRs are tracked with actual information from the point of receiving to the final receipt.
- Prepare the solicitation documents for the procurement of goods and services according to the shared tasks.
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make minutes of the Evaluation Committee’s members’ discussion, prepare notes for the bids evaluation report, and technical evaluation minutes.
- Prepare payment requests and ensure that supporting documents are uploaded to TAMIS in a complete package.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and make certain the items correspond to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Keep accurate and transparent document files and electronic copies requested by FOM in the TAMIS system.
- Submit completed procurement packages and invoices for payment to the Finance Team in coordination with other Procurement Team members.
- Work with hard copies and compile an archive of hard copies storing of which is legally required
- Perform other tasks as necessary as assigned by Senior Procurement Manager.
- BA education in Logistics or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience of work in supply chain online systems.
- Understanding of standard procurement procedures and documentation workflow.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization
- Well-organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus. Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- Proven integrity and ability to adhere to the rules, honor commitments, and meet the spirit as well as the letter of those commitments, stand up for what is right.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian are mandatory, both written & spoken.
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: November 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: October 30, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com.